Monday, January 4, 2010

Wedding Colors

Choosing our wedding colors has not been an easy decision to make. You’d think that this would be one of the easiest decisions to make. And that’s exactly what I believed, up until a few months ago. When I first got engaged, I began imagining what our wedding would look like. Soon after, I had a full palette: soft shades of blues, purple, lavender, and silver.



Although my favorite color has always been pink, I didn’t think my fiancé would appreciate it. I really liked the palette I had chosen, and my fiancé really liked it as well. However, the more I looked at it, the more I realized that it was a bit cold. And here’s where the wonderful second thoughts creep in! I wanted a way to introduce some warm colors but I couldn’t come up with anything.

In comes our venue!

A few months after our engagement, we finally decided on a venue for the reception (but that story will be another post!). With our venue came even more doubts as to the original color palette. See, the ballroom where our reception will be hosted is beautifully decorated, and the predominant color is gold.


Source: Personal Picture

While walking through the ballroom, I just didn’t see the blues and the lavenders and the silver… at all! I saw more warm colors… shades of brown, shades of beige and cream, and (to my fiancé’s dismay) a very soft, pale pink.

 
So, after much debate (more than half a year!), I give you our wedding colors!



What was your vision for your wedding colors and how did it evolve over time?

PS: To create these palettes (as well as browse through quite a few of them), I used COLOURlovers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I'm LizzieBeth and I'm getting married in July.. what month are you getting married??

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LizzieBeth! I'm getting married in September :-) How's the wedding planning going for you?

    Nina

    ReplyDelete