Sunday, February 21, 2010

Michaels Bounty

A few days ago, I posted about my wanderings around Michaels and all the beautiful items I saw on the aisles. I didn't buy any of them, but I did buy other things, which I promised would be in another post. And like we say back home, lo prometido es deuda*! Here's my bounty!

Personal Picture

I found these in an aisle that was dedicated to metallic-looking objects (like silver journals, golden lipstick holders, etc). These little guys were only $1 each, so I promptly snatched 15 of them! What am I planning to do with these, you ask? Well, right now the plan is to use them for table numbers, but, if they turn out to be too small (they are only a few inches tall), I'm sure I can find another use for them! Like, if we do decide to do a candy buffet, these would be perfect to hold the names of the candies displayed.

So the plan is to spray-paint them in an antiquey-looking** gold, cut out numbers in chocolate brown and use pale pink for the background. Of course, the colors of the background and numbers can be switched around if need be ;-)

What would you do with these little frames?

*Translation: A promise is a promise
**Note: My dear MB, I think I just made up a word!

No comments:

Post a Comment