Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our Venue

After seeing three venues, our choosing the venue adventure is finally coming to an end. The first venue that we saw was beautiful, but the ballroom I fell in love with was completely beyond our guest list and budget. The lovely grounds at the forest preserve were immediately scratched from our venue list. And, although I was apprehensive about looking into the third venue (it just seemed expensive), I was definitely glad we had checked it out.

So, which one did we choose? (I feel like I'm in a wedding edition of HGTV's House Hunters!)

....

...

..

.

We chose Venue #3: The Country Squire

Personal Photo

It wasn't difficult for us to make this decision. We both knew the Country Squire has great food, as we have dined there before. The ballrooms and the grounds were absolutely gorgeous. Their guest minimum was completely doable. Their wedding package was very reasonably priced, not to mention it includes food, drinks, and wedding cake (among other things). It's only 10 minutes away from our church (just a few miles down the road). And, as an added bonus, there's a hotel right next to it (they even have a trail connecting the two!), which is extremely convenient for our out-of-town guests.

Of course, me being me, I had to first crunch out all the numbers in my handy Excel spreadsheet before making any decisions, and it just made sense. This has been one of the big wedding decisions that I have not second-guessed at all! Pretty impressive since we decided it eight months ago, and in less than that time I've changed the color scheme more than once! Not even with our little "Sunday wedding date" incident (more on this later) made me second-guess the decision, it only reassured it even more!

Which "big" wedding decisions have you made? Have you chosen your venue yet? Have you second-guessed your choices/decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment